SEO Manager responsibilities include: Developing and implementing effective search engine optimization (SEO) strategies. Coordinating content, design, social media, pay-per-click (PPC) marketing and other activities. Managing offsite and onsite optimization projects and reporting on performance.
The New York Post delivers the best in News, Sports, Entertainment and Pop Culture with wit, irreverence and authority. Over the past 220 years, The Post has evolved into a multi-platform media company spanning print, digital, video, audio, app, television and commerce.
We are seeking a Senior SEO Manager to join the SEO team at the New York Post working with a focus on lifestyle, entertainment, and Page Six. This role will report into the Director of SEO and will collaborate closely with department stakeholders across the New York Post and Page Six to grow organic search traffic.
- Spearhead the search strategy for Page Six and the New York Post’s lifestyle and entertainment sections
- Create and manage SEO-driven content plans for both evergreen and timely content around trending celebrities, shows, and tentpole events
- Work closely with editorial teams to provide on- and off-page optimization recommendations in real-time on breaking news, and develop keyword-targeted content
- Perform keyword research to identify content gaps and emerging trends
- Monitor and track reporting on traffic and rankings, understand performance relative to competitors, and analyze data to help inform strategies
- Stay up-to-date on new industry trends and Google’s web standards, and translate them into workable solutions
- Conduct regular training sessions and audits to maintain SEO best practices
- 5+ years in an SEO position or equivalent role within a newsroom or related company
- Passion for and understanding of the lifestyle, entertainment and celebrity news landscape, including the Kardashians, Royals, and all things Bravo; interest in astrology and horoscopes is a plus
- Experience using competitive SEO tools (SEMrush, Google Trends, Search Console, Google Analytics)
- Understanding of the SEO industry and Google’s web standards; proficiency in structured data/schema.org is a plus
- Ability to balance priorities and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Ability to be both a self-starter and team player; strong interpersonal and communication skills are required
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
Note: The NY Post has returned to office in a hybrid work model.
Salary Range: $50,000- $145,000
At The New York Post we recognize that attracting the best talent is key to our strategy and success as a company. As a result, our ranges reflect our good faith estimate to pay fairly as to what our ideal candidates are likely to expect, and we tailor our offers within the range based on the selected candidate’s experience, industry knowledge, technical and communication skills, and other factors that may prove relevant during the interview process.
In addition to compensation, the company provides eligible employees a comprehensive and highly competitive benefits package, with a variety of physical health, retirement and savings, caregiving, emotional wellbeing, transportation, and other benefits, including “elective” benefits employees may select to best fit the needs and personal situations of our diverse workforce.
As an equal opportunity employer, the New York Post does not discriminate in hiring or the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The New York Post will consider the provision of reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental disabilities of otherwise qualified applicants to enable them to participate in our application process and to effectively perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would impose an undue financial or operational hardship.